Thomas Reardon, PhD, CEO & Co-Founder
Reardon received his PhD in Neuroscience from Columbia University, was CEO and Co-Founder of Avogadro, Inc., acquired by Openwave where he served as CTO, and creator of the Internet Explorer project at Microsoft. He’s a founding Board Member of W3C, has 7 patents, and was an MIT “Top 35 Young Innovator” in 2004.
Patrick Kaifosh, PhD, CSO & Co-Founder
Patrick received his PhD in Neuroscience from Columbia University, was a Co-Founder & Board Member at Geomechanica, Inc., and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellow. He has 9 publications in scientific journals including Science, Nature Neuroscience (2012, 2013, 2014), Neuron, and the Journal of Neuroscience.
Timothy Machado, PhD, Advisor & Co-Founder
Tim received his PhD in Neuroscience from Columbia University and was a Graduate Fellow of the National Science Foundation. He was the winner of the 2015 Kavli Award for Distinguished Research in Neuroscience and has 8 publications in scientific journals including Cell (2015, 2016), Nature, Neuron, and the Journal of Neurophysiology.
40 people (12 PhDs.) Scientific and technical accomplishments:
- 1 Science paper
- 1 Cell paper
- 1, 2 Nature papers
- 1, 2, 3, 4 Nature Neuro papers
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Neuron papers
- 1, 2 J Neurosci papers
- 1 J of Solid-State Circuits paper
- 1 ISCA (International Symposium on Computer Architecture) paper by conference
- 3 IPhO medals
- 10+ patents
- Led machine learning teams at Google
- Led 2,000+ person technical teams
- Academy award winning cinema special effects for the ‘Bullet-time’ effect in The Matrix and subsurface rendering of Gollum’s skin in The Lord of the Rings
- Matriculated at Columbia, Harvard, MIT, Brown, Yale, NYU, U Penn, Duke, Caltech, and Stanford
Professor of Engineering and Director of the Neural Prosthetic Systems Lab at Stanford University, HHMI.
John C. Malone Professor of Neurology, Neuroscience, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Professor of Neuroscience and Statistics, Center for Theoretical Neuroscience at Columbia University.
Professor and Chair of Neurorehabilitation Engineering, Imperial College London.
Columbia PhD graduate, a researcher at Google DeepMind, DeepMind, and MIT 35 Innovators Under 35.
Amazon Alexa Fund