Thomas Reardon, PhD, CEO & Co-Founder
Reardon received his PhD in Neuroscience from Columbia University, was CEO and Co-Founder of Avogadro, Inc., acquired by Openwave where he served as CTO, and creator of the Internet Explorer project at Microsoft. He’s a founding Board Member of W3C, has 7 patents, and was an MIT “Top 35 Young Innovator” in 2004.
Patrick Kaifosh, PhD, CSO & Co-Founder
Patrick received his PhD in Neuroscience from Columbia University, was a Co-Founder & Board Member at Geomechanica, Inc., and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellow. He has 9 publications in scientific journals including Science, Nature Neuroscience (2012, 2013, 2014), Neuron, and the Journal of Neuroscience.
Timothy Machado, PhD, Advisor & Co-Founder
Tim received his PhD in Neuroscience from Columbia University and was a Graduate Fellow of the National Science Foundation. He was the winner of the 2015 Kavli Award for Distinguished Research in Neuroscience and has 8 publications in scientific journals including Cell (2015, 2016), Nature, Neuron, and the Journal of Neurophysiology.
27 people (9 PhDs.) Scientific and technical accomplishments:
- 1 Science paper
- 1 Cell paper
- 1, 2 Nature papers
- 1, 2, 3, 4 Nature Neuro papers
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Neuron papers
- 1, 2 J Neurosci papers
- 1 J of Solid-State Circuits paper
- 1 ISCA (International Symposium on Computer Architecture) paper by conference
- 3 IPhO medals
- 10+ patents
- Led machine learning teams at Google
- Led 2,000+ person technical teams
- Academy award winning cinema special effects for the ‘Bullet-time’ effect in The Matrix and subsurface rendering of Gollum’s skin in The Lord of the Rings
- Matriculated at Columbia, Harvard, MIT, Brown, Yale, NYU, U Penn, Duke, Caltech, and Stanford